Baked Ziti with Thick Rich Meat Sauce
5 -6 cups pasta sauce with meat (Rich Thick Meat Sauce for a Crowd!)
1 lb ziti pasta or 1 lb penne pasta, undercooked
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, slightly mix
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan chees
1. Prepare sauce and keep under a low flame.
2. Preheat oven to 350.
3. Mix the cheese mixture together.
4. Mix pasta with 1/3 – 1/2 of the cheese mixture till creamy and gooey.
5. Place 1 1/2 cups sauce in bottom of a 10×13 casserole dish.
6. Top with 1/2 of the pasta.
7. Spread the remaining cheese on the pasta.
8. Top with 2-3 cups of the meat sauce.
9. Top with remaining pasta; 1 cup sauce; 1 cup mozzarella; then top with grated cheese.
10. Bake for 30 minutes. Placing foil on the rack below to catch any spillage that may occur for this is packed with goodness.
11. Meanwhile, let the sauce keep simmering to use if desired on top of the baked ziti.