Meatball Parmesan Bake
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground veal
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Handful of fresh parsley chopped
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 jars of marinara sauce of your choice
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups shredded Italian blend cheese or shredded mozzarella
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Fresh basil minced (for garnish)
- Fresh parsley minced (for garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line an oven-safe skillet with foil and set aside.
2 In a small mixing bowl, mix breadcrumbs and milk. Set aside.
3. Mix ground meats, garlic, breadcrumb mixture, Asiago and Parmesan cheese, parsley, eggs, salt, and pepper, by hand until just combined, being careful not to over-mix.
4. Use a small cookie scoop and form ping pong ball sized meatballs.
5. Spray prepared a foil-lined skillet with cooking spray and place formed meatballs on the foil.
6. Bake for 20 minutes.
7. Lower oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
8. Place meatballs on a plate and remove foil from skillet.
9. Pour about 1/2 cup marinara sauce in the bottom of the skillet and spread to cover.
10. Place meatballs in skillet in a single layer.
11. Pour remaining marinara sauce over the top of the meatballs, then sprinkle shredded Italian cheeses over the top, so all the meatballs are covered in cheese.
12. Drizzle a little bit of olive oil over the top of the cheese, then sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
13. Cover skillet with another piece of foil and bake for 20 minutes.
14. Remove foil and bake, uncovered, for another 20 minutes.
15. If desired, broil the dish for a minute or two after baking.
16. Garnish with fresh basil and parsley if desired.