- 1 package (16 ounces) mostaccioli
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 jars (24 ounces each) pasta sauce with meat
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs, thawed
- 3/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Minced fresh parsley or fresh baby arugula, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cook mostaccioli according to package directions for al dente; drain. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix eggs and ricotta cheese.
2. In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook beef and onion 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in brown sugar and seasonings. Add pasta sauce and mostaccioli; toss to combine.
3. Transfer half of the pasta mixture to a greased 13×9-in. baking dish. Layer with ricotta mixture and remaining pasta mixture; sprinkle with Romano cheese. Top with meatballs and Parmesan cheese.
4. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until heated through. If desired, top with parsley.